MACVA FLOOD REPORT
1. The continuous rain started from 17 Dec 2021 has resulted in massive flood in many parts of the country. In Klang Valley, the badly affected areas include Klang, Shah Alam/Subang and Old Klang Road. Many were left homeless; some were trapped on rooftop and some trapped on the second floor or their houses. Looking helplessly their houses submerged in the flash flood, and could see the refrigerators, washing machines, dining tables, furniture and many other household appliances floating. Amongst the unfortunate MACVA member badly affected by this flash flood were as follows:
a. Sgt Pook Chong Hin RMAF – Taman Sri Muda, Shah Alam. Water level inside the house up to 7 ft for more than 48 hr. Damaged furniture and car submerged.
b. Cpl Tin Aik @ Chang Yew Ming RMAF – Taman Sri Muda, Shah Alam. Water level inside the house up to 7 ft for more than 48 hr. Damaged furniture and electronics. Car submerged.
c. Cpl Chan Ean Leng RMAF. Taman Alam Indah, Shah Alam. Water inside thes house up to 5 ft for more than 48 hr. Damaged furniture and electronics.
d. Sgt Hj Mohd Arbe RMAF. Kg Subang, Shah Alam. Water level inside the house up to 5 ft for less than 6 hr. Damaged furniture and electronic. Car submerged.
e. Sgt Gan Boon Peng RMAF. Taman Sri Manja, Off Old Klang Road. Water inside the house up to 1 ft for less than 4 hr. Outside water level at knee level. Damaged furniture and electronics.
f. WO1 Thomas Lee. Taman Sri Sentosa Jaya, Klang. Water level inside the house up to 6 inches for 5 hr or less. Damaged furniture and electronic due to water stagnant inside his house more than 24 hr.
g. Cpl Tee Kong Joo RMAF. Taman Sentosa, Klang. Water inside the house up to 4 inches for 8 hr or less. Damaged furniture, TV and kitchen cabinet.
2. Some of the pictures taken during and after the flood are as follows:
|WATER LEVEL MARK. |
|STAGNANT WATER INSIDE THE HOUSE. |
|SOILED AND DAMAGED FURNITURE. |
|WATER ABOVE 7 FT. |
|STAGNATE WATER INSIDE THE HOUSE FOR MORE THAN 48 HR. |
|WET AND DAMAGED KITCHEN CABINET. |
|CAR PARTIALLY SUBMERGED. |
|THE AFTERMATH. |
MACVA WELFARE FUND AND FLOOD VICTIM DONATION DRIVE
3. The MACVA Management Committee (MC) meeting on 26 Dec 2021 has unanimously agreed to give immediate assistance to all the above victims with cash RM1000 each from MACVA Welfare fund. This little money could at least help the victim to kick start a new life. Meanwhile to activate MACVA Flood Victim Donation Drive for five (5) days starting 27 Dec to 31 Dec 2021. The response was overwhelming and within a short spell of five (5) days, the association has collected RM63,768.00. A big thank you to all the generous donors.
4. Meanwhile, a good will visit by the MC headed by President Dato’ Lee Kwang Lock was conducted on 1 Jan 2022. The purpose of this visit is to access the extend of the damages besides giving moral courage to the victims that MACVA cares for them when they are in difficult time.
5. Subsequently, MACVA flood victim cheque presentation was done at Uncle Lim’s Café, Subang Parade on 8 Jan 2022. Among those presence was as follows:
a. Dato’ Lee Kwang Lock.
b. Datuk Goh Seng Toh.
c. Carol Loo.
d. Sky Chen.
e. Mary Koh.
f. Tony Ho.
g. Mike Teoh (Coordinator).
h. George Ong.
i. Anthony Au.
j. Chu ES.
k. John Poon.
l. Ng JC (PR).
6. All the seven (7) victims were present to receive their cheques. Our past President, Datuk Goh ST, past Hon Sec AJ Wong and past MC Patrick Lee were also presence to witness the ceremony. The flood victims despite having gone through the bitter flood episode, the cheers and smile on their faces tell everything. A big thank you to George Ong for sponsoring the banner.
7. Some of the pictures taken throughout the cheque presentation ceremony are as follows:
|POOK CHONG HIN RECEIVED HIS CHQUE (RM10,000) FROM THE PRESIDENT, DATO’ LEE KL. |
|CHANG YEW MING RECEIVED HIS CHEQUE (RM9,000) FROM THE PRESIDENT, DATO’ LEE KL. |
|CHAN EAN LENG RECEIVED HIS CHEQUE (RM9,000) FROM THE PRESIDENT, DATO’ LEE KL. |
|HJ MOHD ARBE IDRIS RECEIVED HIS CHEQUE (RM8,000) FROM THE PRESIDENT, DATO’ LEE KL. |
|GAN BOON PENG RECEIVED HIS CHEQUE (RM5,000) FROM DATUK GOH ST. |
|THOMAS LEE RECEIVED HIS CHEQUE (RM3,500) FROM DATUK GOH ST. |
|WILLIAM TEE KONG JOO RECEIVED HIS CHEQUE (RM2,500) FROM DATUK GOH ST.|
|SEATED FROM L TO R. WILLIAM TEE, CHANG YEW MENG, POOK CHONG HIN, GAN BOON PENG, HJ MOHD ARBE AND THOMAS LEE. |
STANDING FROM L TO R. GEORGE ONG, MIKE TEOH, ANTHONY AU, CAROL LOO, TONY HO, MARY KOH, CHU ES, DATO’ LEE, SKY CHEN, JOHN PHOON AND NG JC.
Report compiled by
11 Jan 22